Sunday, November 2, 2008

Old People Are Great!

This will warm your heart. Just when you have lost faith in human
kindness. Someone who teaches at a middle school in Safety Harbor,
Florida, forwarded the following letter. The letter was sent to the
principals office after the school had sponsored a luncheon for the
elderly.

An old lady received a new radio at the lunch as a door prize and was
writing to say thank you. This story is a credit to all humankind.
Forward to anyone you know who might need a lift today.



Dear Safety Harbor Middle School:

Thank you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent senior citizens
luncheon. I am 84 years old and live at the Safety Harbor Assisted Home
for the Aged. All of my family has passed away. I am all alone now and
it's nice to know that someone is thinking of me.

God bless you for your kindness to an old forgotten lady. My roommate
is 95 and has always had her own radio, but before I received one, she
would never let me listen to hers, even when she was napping.

The other day her radio fell off the nightstand and broke into a lot of
pieces. It was awful and she was in tears. She asked if she could
listen to mine, and I told her to kiss my ass.

Thank you for that opportunity.

Sincerely,
Edna
--

No comments: