Thursday, January 15, 2009

Google's New 411 service: 1-800-GOOG-411

Google's 411 service

This is GREAT. Could really help in an emergency when on the road. Watch the demo...

Google 411.

Just leave it up to Google to come up with something like this!!! Here's a number worth putting in your cell phone, or your home phone speed dial: 1-800-goog411. (1-800-466-4411)

This is an awesome service from Google, and it's free -- great when you are on the road.

Don't waste your money on information calls and don't waste your time manually dialing the number. I am driving along in my car and I need to call the golf course and I don't know the number. I hit the speed dial for information that I have programmed.

The Google voice at the other end says, "City & State." I say, " Garland , Texas ." He says, "Business, Name or Type of Service." I say, Firewheel Golf Course." He says, "Connecting" and Firewheel answers the phone.

How great is that? This is nationwide and it is absolutely free! Click on the play button below and watch the short clip for a quick demonstration go Google's Free 411 servcice.



Get more info at Google 411 service

They also have a cool text messaging service. Text your message to Google at 466453 and they'll text you back results.

Here's the link if you want to learn more.
Google text messaging service

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have used GOOG411 before but I prefer to use 1-800-FREE411. They have all business, government and residential listings (which goog411 does not). Give it a try!